Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lights! Camera! ROAR!!!!

With sweat pouring from my brow, I gazed from backstage at the crowd. It was a large crowd. Large enough to fill the UNC ballrooms. GULP. Boy was I nervous. I had performed before, however, my stomach will never get used to that wrenching feeling you get right before going on stage. Now that I think about it, that could have come from the Taco Bell I had eaten earlier that night. Well anyway, it was the night of UNC's got talent, and my band, Nottingham, was up next!
As I heard our name called, my heart began beating so hard I could feel it in my ears. They began to overflow with blood and anticipation. You know, figuratively speaking of course. My fingers slid over the fretboard of my guitar. I looked at the crowd, then to my band mates. A silent strength glistened in their eyes. It was go time.
We played our little hearts out; and we were well recieved! Oh how my heart sang a song of it's own. The night was so fun, and even though my band didn't win, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
UPC really knows how to have a ball! (Note: I haven't attended a literal ball nor do I know if one has even been thrown, that was just a figure of speech.) What a way to start an awesome spring semester.

Later days,
Brink


http://www.unco.edu/upc/

www.facebook.com/iheartnottingham

No comments:

Post a Comment